Sciortino Insta-Coiler

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:06:27 -0700

I've used it to restring a couple of pianos. You have to set it up just
right, and keep it set up right. You have to be careful of how much
wire you put in the pin, or it sticks out the far side. If the pin
isn't high enough for the coil, the wire will ride up over
itself. However, used right it makes a lovely coil. I really like
the way it gets a sharp turn for the becket with the heavier sizes
of wire, and it saves your thumb at the same time.

Susan Kline