Mason&Hamlin A board replacement

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 21:24:19 -0500

>Would it be better to float the bass end of this particular model?

Not unless you can increase the back scale length at the low end of the
bass bridge. What's there now, around 45mm? More flexibility in the
soundboard assembly there won't do you much good if the bridge is still
tied down and can't move.

>And
>isn't the ribbing a little too stiff in the treble?

By what criteria? Too stiff for what, and how established?

>To me there are a lot of ribs in the treble.

Again, by what criteria? How many ribs are supposed to be in the treble,
and why?

>  Would I just be looking
>for trouble if I were to try to improve it?

Absolutely, unless you have a reasonably clear idea of what you propose
changing is going to do differently than what was there.

Ron N