Major polyester repair

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 06:44:39 -0400

At 10:49 PM 8/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Jon, how do you match the color?  I can see no problem if just the top of
>the cheek is damaged, it is on a different plane than the sides and lid so
>it will not show, the repair on the lyre you made sounds like the surfaces
>are all on different planes so it would not be noticable. Could you touch
>up just half a front lid and have it match?
>In my experience all blacks are a different color, that is why we mix 5
>gallon cans of black together (even if they are the same batch number) to
>ensure we get enough quantity of the same color to rub out a piano and not
>rub through to a different color. Thanks for the info, I will positively
>try out.
>
>David Koelzer
>Vintage Pianos
>DFW

PianoLac is black black, it matches black ploy and the old well cured black
lacquer.

I've done touch-up on both new poly and lac and it is indistinguishable.
Not only that, it
does a fantastic job finishing a piano in short order. Non toxic as well.

Of course if the insurance will cover the Bose repair, get it done in poly.
but lacking that,
a Pianolac finish on the front lid and bass cheek would be a suitable match.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com