Stretch Vs.Temperament, (was Beat Rates)

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:06:25 EDT

Ric writes:
> If indeed there exists a substantial number of people who can't
> hear the difference, I as a piano tuner am willing and able to
> satisfy their desires and tune for them a very good ET.

 Hmm,  this brings up a question.  If these substantial numbers of people
can't hear the difference between a well-temperament and ET, then, for this
substantial number, the difference between a sloppy ET and a "very good" one
is purely academic, no?
Regards,
Ed Foote