How Much Stretch ?

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:02:47 +0200

List

On the side of the other threads... I have a question I
would appreciate some feedback on. Often when using ETDs
that calculate tuning curves based on inharmonicity samples,
I find that the resulting tuning curve shows the highest
notes up in the +40 to +45 cents (sometimes even higher)
range.

This seems reallly high to me, and I wonder if you all
accept this degree of treble stretch, or you modify things.

My fooling around with the 12ths tuning revealed real quick
that the 3rd partial of F6 almost never gets above +35
cents.... and this F6's coincident to C8's fundemental.
Seems like a pretty natural place to stop... or what ?

Curious as usual :)

RicB