Thunk, wunk

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:00:23 EDT

>But when struck, the bichord notes have very little sustain. The singles
>do better. The tenor and treble sounds great, very sweet actually.

>I tried the old remove-loop-and-roll on the worst note. The string looks
>a little brighter but I can't tell much difference in the sound.

>Any ideas? I wondered about a downbearing problem or something but would
>assume such a design flaw would be unlikely.

invest in a pair of new bichord strings, install, listen, rule out strings or
break open champagne, continue....
It is a lot cheaper and faster to install a couple of new strings than almost
anything else.  If there is more than .005" and less than .020" down bearing,
don't worry about looking farther until you at least know about the strings.
Regards,
Ed Foote