Stretch Vs.Temperament, (was Beat Rates)

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:28:57 +0200

Hi RicM
Hi Ric M

They do all their testing by ear. 3 techs review the tuning
and demonstrate problems with the tuning using standard
aural tests and the examinee has the chance to defend his
tuning. As in the PTG tuning test, this is chance for the
examinee to show how much partial theory he / she knows.
Also as in the PTG tuning exam this is as much an
instructional session as it is anything else.

Only one fellow in Norway uses an ETD to help in reviewing
exams... we have no proceedure for using these thus, tho all
this is under review.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers !

RicB