Stretch Vs.Temperament, (was Beat Rates)

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:57:54 -0700

>David,
>
>Just curious...
>
>Have you ever had a tuning checked with an ETD?
No.
>  Have you taken the PTG
>tuning test?
Yes. In the the mid-to-high-90's on everything.

>Piano Technology and the Mystical have been intertwined for centuries and
>fortunately we
>have been looking at it with a little more substance in the last 20 years
>or so...
And I am happy as a clam that things have opend up and been quantified to
such a degree in the past 20 years.....thank God for computers and
digital scales.  thank God for David Stanwood; he took the action out of
the "mystical" realm, the guesswork realm, and made it simple for us to
make a gtrand piano action feel great every single time.....and that's
science.  Right on.   That said........

A little more substance than what?  Do you think a $1200 computer, or a
$3000 computer, is better than my wet computer? Please.

 I would be happy to talk to you about the "mystical" aspects of the
work, but only if you perceive me as a possible equal.

Did I hit a "left-brained" nerve?    :---0

Best,   David A.