Cleaning keys again

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:43:58 -0700

Roger:  I think that's okay on keys with plastic tops but I wouldn't use =
it with ivory.  I just prefer to keep all moisture away from water =
soluble glue joints.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jolly roger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: August 13, 2002 8:39 AM
  Subject: Re: Cleaning keys again

  Hi David,
                  I used to use a scraper, as that was the method =
taught.   Now I use the Fantastic for the sides, it just cuts through =
that black crud, and finger grease.  No material is removed, and it =
works well getting the dirt from under the key lip, so the fronts also =
look clean. One cleaner to do the tops, sides and fronts.
  Rubber gloves are recommended, as it is hard on the skin.
  Regards Roger