Voicing

Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:09:03 +0200

Kdivad@AOL.COM wrote:

> > Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
> >
> > I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go.
> > <G>

First, let me say... and I think I speak for more then a
few... I am beginning to wonder when you are going to get
there ??  :):)

> Joe, I don't think we can come to the conclusion, "To just stuff the action in and ask the >customer to play it, is inviting this type of dillema,".  I have had to run out to the car >and get tools only to come back and find the customer sitting and playing the piano.  It's >hard to guard the piano and we certainly can't forbid the owner from playing it.

Secondly... let me point out... that one COULD bring in ones
tools, ones receipt book, ones puter, and whatever other
professional paraphernalia one has FIRST... and THEN bring
in the action to stuff it as it were in the proverbial
cavacious type cavity to whit belongs itself. At which time
it is appropriate... in my humble opinion, to ask the
customer to sit and.... duely warned as to the general
roughness of the voicing mind you, get a general feel for
the instrument pursuant to touch and voice for the purpose
of inviting exactly this dilemma, which could also be viewed
as getting some sense of what the customer... who by the way
probably and in most cases indeed is the owner of the
instrument in question.

> David Koelzer
> Vintage Pianos
> DFW

When asked what she did to give her husband good luck on the
course Jack Pars wife replied smartly that she kissed his
golf balls, to which Johnny Carson quicky quipped... "Boy I
bet that makes his putter stand up"

Johnny Carson show... mid 70's... she slapped and sued
him... never heard how it all came out....but it sure was
funny

RicB