professional discount?

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:01:28 -0400

Dave,
Here, here !!!   Couldn't agree more. To add to that, the whole notion of
offering discounts in the first place is to gain what?.....
to gain more business or showing your  appreciation for that  person to use
your business. It's a way of enticing the market to use your services more
than xyz piano service. If however, you have more business than you know
what to do with, than what is the rationale for having a rule that all
musicians, churches, etc are allegeable for a discount?
That being said, there are a select handful of clients that I give a
discount to. Some are struggling musicians, others are parents doing
whatever they can to get little  Johnny lessons.  I appreciate their
struggles. These are very dear and loyal clients who are having a tough
time, struggling through paying bills. And I'm more apt to take up the lost
motion at not charge, or touch up the voicing,  all on my nickel.
But the point I'm trying to make is that I try not have rule who gets a
discount and who doesn't.
I agree whole heartedly with David about giving 10% discounts for musicians.
In theory you are giving away a lot more because  they generally will keep
you longer and the  chances of call backs are generally higher.
Just my 2  cents
Tom Servinsky, RPT