Cleaning keys again

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

No, it really isn't. I recommend that all tuners take
a junk action, and experiment themselves.( And inform
me of any refinements )  After the action parts are
thoroughly dry, there will be no discernable
alteration in their dimensions ( or certainly nothing
normal regulation does not attend to ) and you will
have clean, bright, odorless parts ready to refelt,
lubricate and install. Actions are built from woods
known to be resistant to warping, and I have never had
any problem. Even grand jacks line up in the balancier
window just fine, after all is dried out thoroughly.
And you save tremendous amounts of time normally spent
scraping off old felts, while beathing yuck.
    Sincerely,
    Gordon Stelter
    P.S. For gluing on action felts I like
"Eileen's Tacky Glue", or equivalent, available from
craft and fabric stores. It is a PVC glue FAR thicker
than the watery stuff supply houses sell. Holds the
felt first time, every time.

=== message truncated ===