Flag poling Petrof pins?

SUSAN P SWEARINGEN ssclabr8@flash.net
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:57:20 -0500

Using a T-impact hammer on these will avoid flagpoling altogether.

Corte Swearingen
Chicago
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 8:33 PM
  Subject: Re: Flag poling Petrof pins?

  Robert, I know this isn't going to really help you out too much, but =
if misery loves company, you're not alone. Any time I tune a piano with =
coils that high from the block or bushing, I have to be especially =
careful not to "flagpole" the pins. I have found that in cases like =
that, it's easier for me to stand and tune with the hammer parallel to =
the string. Takes some more contorting of the ol' bod, but it's the only =
way I know to get a really stable result. Hope that helps, other than =
that I can only say that I hope somebody else has a better idea, then we =
could both benefit from the discussion.=20
    ----- Original Message -----=20