More dip in bass

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:28:34 -0400

Mr. Ballard said:

> Why is why I prefer to set the hammer blow where I think it should
> be, and then regulate the aftertouch (not the dip, thank you).

Bill, I am under the impression that aftertouch is the 'result of', not
something that is able to be regulated.

When I set up an action, my blow distance, to most of the people reading
this list, is going to seem shallow/narrow compared to what many people
might set a blow distance. That gives the pianinst the best 'control'
without loss of power, in MY humble opinion. I consider myself 'dip
priority', meaning, as a former starving pianist, I prefer to keep the dip
constant and uniform, and work blow distance to aftertouch off of my dip.

The original thought here describes changing the dip to accomodate 'feel',
and since I work more off of  'feel' than a spec sheet, the thought and the
idea caught my eye.

Your idea, unless I'm reading it wrong, tells me that what I have been lead
to believe might not be true.

Take me backchannel if I need to be taught a lesson or 2.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com