Damp Chaser Question

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:41:54 -0600

Hi Terry,

Tune FAST! Do use the back cover, and don't have a coffee break unless you
reassemble the piano first. Slam bam, get the temperament done, then extend
it aurally.

At 10:31 PM 8/18/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Good question indeed Gordon. Especially on a vertical piano with a DC
dehumidifier installed on a humidistat. I tuned a fairly new Yamaha studio
in a church recently with a DC dehumidifier. The pitch seemed to wander
around quite a bit (4 cents or so) during a 5-cent pitch raise and a
tuning. As soon as you open the piano up, everything is going to change. So
you ask the church keeper to have the A/C set to their service temperature
when the piano is played closed, and you need to open it to tune it. What
is a tech to do???

>Any thoughts or observations on this apparent problem?
>
>Terry Farrell

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/