E.T.D.

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:20:34 -0400

>         List,
>         I remember tuning a Yamaha spinet (60's model ) that had the
> Wurlitzer small vertical fallboard . I assumed that Wurl. was making the
> case and perhaps marketing  also.
>         Tom Driscoll

Absolutely NO way!  Yamaha made the entire piano and that fallboard
arrangement was SO easy to take out and put back.  The guide arms had
slots in them that were guided in turn with a pin.  Spread the arms
slightly and it just lifted out.  It was as easy to replace.

Those pianos had very long keys which made for a nice touch.  The piano
was a jewel to tune.  Not a loud tone but a very sweet and musical one.

I worked as an outside technician for the Yamaha dealer in New York City
for eleven years, from '71 to '82 and I saw a bunch of those little
beasties.  They had the butt plates (as all vertical Yamahas did) and I
had to yank those actions all the time to tighten them up.

I was sorry to see them discontinued because they were/are better than
any other spinet I have seen.

Have a great week all.

		Newton