More dip in bass

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:24:56 -0700

>but I do the aftertouch feel
>by tactile sense,which will vary the dip slighty to allow for the
>descrepencies in action accuracy.

Yes.  Long live the Little Red Book.  I mean Schoolhouse.  I mean LaRoy
Edwards.

I do basically every regulation point by a combination of tactile sense,
aural sense, and gut feeling.
It's truly is amazing how much every little regulation point subtly
changes the touch of the piano.
Every single one is like an opportunity to get it that much more right,
to synergize the "spielart " of the instrument, and it's a tremendous
challenge to me.

Then, a fine tuning, and fine voicing, certainly give the psychoacoustic
illusion of touch shift or change.

Wow.  This is a deep craft.  I don't know about you, but I continuously
fail upwards, learning more and more with every piano I touch.

David Andersen
Malibu, CA