More dip in bass

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:25:07 -0700

>I'm not sure about that.  A small amount of compression at the balance rail
>is magnified x 2 remember.  Also, I don't think I ever recall a problem of a
>piano developing too much dip over time.  More often, it's the other way
>around.
>
>David Love

Exactly.  We even have a jig that precompresses the balance rail
punchings.  Those little suckers tend to compress big time in 50-70 hours
of playing......then the action feels like s__t, because there's no
aftertouch; I warn players that the action will start feeling strange
when compression starts.  It's a great way to guarantee yourself a couple
hundred bucks or so; you ALWAYS need to raise the key height on new
balance rail punchings after a little while.  Always. A blue punching,
and it's like magic----everything comes back into the ballpark........

Cheers.

David Andersen
Malibu, CA