purple messages - OT

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 06:57:33 -0500

Greg, Clyde,

At 07:30 8/20/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Greg,
>Has that been happening on emails from this list?  For what it's worth, I
>haven't been receiving emails like that, at least not often enough for me to
>remember.  Might it be a glitch in your own computer?  (I'm not
>computer-savvy,
>so I wouldn't know.)
>Regards, Clyde
>
>Tunapianer@AOL.COM wrote:
> > I don't know why some messages have a blue or red background, and I don't
> > mind.  But some have a purple background which is so dark that I can't read
> > them, even with the brightness on my moniter turned up all the way.  What
> > gives?
> > Greg Soule

Some email software allows you to put in a background - different colors,
patterns, etc.  They not only make some text almost impossible to read,
those things accumulate in your "attachments" or "embedded" files.

PLEASE, people. Send your messages to the list in "text only" mode.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise, early to bed,
Makes a man healthy, but socially dead.