brambach upright soundboard contraption

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:30:47 -0400

List,

            I serviced a Brambach upright today C.1902. This piano had a
conventional soundboard with a glued up panel screwed on to the ribs.
This was one quarter inch thick, Sort of kidney shaped with two 3 "holes
and covered about 75% of the soundboard. Again it was screwed to the
ribs and just cleared the back posts. Seemingly original equipment.
Almost 30 years of piano service here and I can't remember seeing any
thing like this.

            Soundboard historians- gurus---- Any thoughts?