Singing Samick

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:47:19 EDT

Alan,
     Most Samicks in Decatur sound similar to the one you have encountered.
The noted technician out of Birmingham came up and "quote" voiced this piano
....deep needled and the piano is now uneven note to note ...bright, dark,
tinny, thin, muffled, etc up the scale each note sounding entirely different.
Therefore, if you decide to "voice" then I would do it with alcohol and water
or fabric softener....a little at a time. Setting the strings on this jewel
of a piano is another story. Just try several methods and use what works. In
my opinion, deep needling on this piano may be disastrous .

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.