no damper felt backing

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:04:44 -0400

The purpose os the red felt is to act as a universal joint, flexing in
any direction needed and to help suppress string vibration.

First put glue on the wood head and lay a piece of felt onto the glue.
After that has dried the felt can be trimmed with a very sharp blade.

Next put glue on the white felt and apply the felt to the red felt.

Putting glue on the wood and the white felt doesn't allow that much glue
to penetrate the red felt thereby keeping it''s universal joint
abilities.

But you have to have really sharp blades to trim the felt.

		Newton