Transposing Piano

Ron Overs ron@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:15:17 +1000

>I think I understand this.  So there are four notes which are
>duplicated on either side of the bass/treble break then?
>
>David Love

Hi David,

That's it, and four extras above A85 and four more below A1. It's
quite an interesting concept and one for which I'd be interested in
doing a new design at some point in the future should the possibility
arise. It would be an interesting exercise to design a transposing
piano with uniform inharmonicity and impedance scaling. The Ibach
design is very credible, but the scaling isn't part of it.

Best,
Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY