Performances in WT

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:16:50 -0400

The concert yesterday was a glowing success.

It was recorded by WGBH (Boston PBS) for airing on their station "Classical
Performances" and NPR.
Look for Margo Garrett, piano; with the Borromeo String Quartet playing
Schumann's Piano Quintet in Eb Major, Op.44

Other works in the concert featured Dawn Upshaw and Todd Palmer, clarinet;
with the ensemble.
A heavenly voice and a memorable performance.

An interesting note, when talking with the Borromeo's 'first fiddle'
afterwards;
I asked him what it was about the temperament he liked. He couldn't put his
finger
on it exactly but that when he visited my shop and could compare
side-by-side the
Moore WT and ET, the WT was favored. And that as far as he was concerned, it
is more important for the piano to be in tune than actual temperament. But
for me
the overall sound was rounder and fuller with the WT tuning.

In fact, this final week of the Cape & Islands Chamber Music Festival was
recorded by WGBH.
So each venue had a different piano tuned in WT. Works included composers:
Mozart, Arensky, Strauss, Chausson, Shubert, Mussorgsky, Schumann, Kriesler.

http://www.capecodchambermusic.org
http://www.borromeoquartet.org/
http://www.wgbh.org/schedules/program-info?program_id=30164

Regards,