silicone lube

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:35:25 -0500

Thanks Ron.  Have scoured all the local hardware and paint outlets
in our city. Used to be able to buy VM-P Naphta , no problem. Can still
buy at local paint distributor, but must buy 10 gallon unit. Doesn't seem
to be available in smaller amounts.( 10 gals. should last me till they plant
me in my underground condo. )That is why I'm considering trying to use
a naphta not vm-p. Am afraid I might cause more problems than I fix, if
in fact this stuff leaves some weird residue. Regular naphta available in
smaller amounts, as it's used for camper type heaters. Opinions???
Has anybody else tried the regular stuff, and found unusual results ?
Carl