how many pianos...?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:19:44 -0500

Del,
    There is a lot of this cooling   which takes so long it might
be called "curing" that is mentioned in the publication of
American Steel and wire of the piano maker's conference in Chicago
starting in 1914.  I lost my copy, if any one  wants to sell
theirs I offer 20 dollars.  If the binding is shot that is OK as
that makes it better to scan.    ---ric

> > ....Foundry castings need time to "cure" for strength....
>
> Do you have any technical reference for this? I've been trying
to track down
> solid information on the subject for some time--but to no avail.
It's long
> been assumed and talked about--at least within the piano
industry--but I'm