VT specific, (was pitch raises, multi passes)

Ron Koval rontuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 07:24:13 -0500

<snip>
Ron,
I'd like to know what is the best way  to presample all 76 notes in coarse
mode.

<snip>

I'm not sure there is a "best" way; the goal is to let the machine hear one
string from each note from A0-C7.  I've always used rubber mutes, so that's
what I tried.  I got it down to 5-6 minutes, making sure to get some filling
of the "I" icon. It helps to double strike the note, the first strike
switches notes, and the second, sustained strike will be the sampling note.
I wonder if strip muting could speed up the process?

The reason I was advocating presampling in the past was to try and have the
first pass calculation match the final run calculation as close as possible.
  I wanted to pitch raise from A0-C8, and this was the only path I could
find to get a good first pass.

I've since re-thought and tested, and think the best option is to play
A4,A3, all the notes between, and then work from the middle out, which ever
direction is most comfortable for you.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland