lacquer solutions and airline travel

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:18:45 -0400

At 7:25 AM -0400 8/27/02, Tom Servinsky wrote:
>List,
>I'm about to embark on an extensive 6 week concert tour. I was
>curious if any of you have had any problems with airline security
>with regards to checking in luggage with lacquer and acetone
>solutions. Last year I had no problem but I'm wondering if post 9/11
>rules will prohibit transportation of flammable liquids.

If the piano is traveling with your tour, you could store the
lacquer, in advance, in the hammers. That way you would spend all
your time needling the hammers and never once think of adding
lacquer. <g>

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A jester unemployed is nobody's fool."
     ...........Danny Kaye, in "The Court Jester"