silicone lube

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

What are you using the silicone for?
If sprayed in actions (Like WD-40) it becomes
hygrscopic and absorbs moisure, eventually freezing
the whole action up. If gotten on case, it creates a
nightmare for eventual refinishing, as it goes through
the finish, into the wood and creates "fisheyes".
Probably not good for pinblocks, either (though I did
have one "technician" here swear that center pin lube
was the BEST pinblock restorer, ever!
     Gordon Stelter