Foundry Castings

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:15:11 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 27, 2002 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: Foundry Castings

> Internal damping is good becasue we don't need a plate
> with any portion of it having a specific resonance
> augmenting a specific partial series, right? Broadwood
> used steel on their "barless grand" why not ask them
> why it is no longer built?

Have you ever played a barless Broadwood? Have you ever heard a spurious
resonance in its plate? How about the Steinway steel castings? Any spurious
resonances in them?

As to why the Broadwood barless pianos are no longer being built--if you
have played one and evaluated it scale you will have discovered at least one
reason why they were not successful.

Del

(Why is it that my spell checker wants to turn the 'a' and the 'r' around up
above?)