Foundry Castings

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:47:38 -0400

By built up do you mean a sort of lamination? This may sound silly but what
about plastics? They seem to be able to do just about anything with them
and I doubt there would be any unwanted resonances there. I've even heard
of plastics being used in brake pads for automobiles. Ceramics would be
cool but too expensive. Seems that many different things could be used if
one put their mind to it. I think more of the suitablilty would depend on
the engineering of the final product rather than the material.

Greg Newell

At 02:31 AM 8/28/2002, you wrote:

> [...]

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net