Coleman 4 and Coleman 11

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:08:11 -0500

Dear David,

Cole-4 and Cole-11 is shorthand for the well temperaments created by our
own Jim Coleman, Sr.  These would be the Coleman 4 and Coleman 11
temperaments, which are quite good and I recommend.  The Coleman 4
temperament is just a small deviation from Equal Temperament, while the
Coleman 11 well temperament offers more key color and is a moderate step
away from Equal Temperament.  In addition, there is the Coleman 16, which I
personally like better than the other two because it offers even more
contrast and key color, and it is a stronger temperament.

Go to http://www.rollingball.com/ for a lot of charts and graphs showing
different types of tunings other than Equal Temperament.

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO