lacquer solutions and airline travel

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:59:19 -0400

At 1:07 AM -0700 8/29/02, David Andersen wrote:
>>Here's a novel idea: purchase a quart when you get to your destination.
>
>No kidding.  Sometimes I think we are such wonkheads that we waste a lot
>of precious time arguing and thinking about the theoretical merits of
>something while ignoring the obvious, simple, and elegant solution that's
>tapping us gently on the shoulder........David A.

I figured that the reason Tom was exploring the possibility of
traveling with his own hip flask was that he had looked at the
itinerary, and the schedule at each stop (arrive at new hotel at
11AM,  at 1PM see this city's piano for the first time and determine
that reinforcer is appropriate, grab a cab at the downtown venue's
location and ask the cabbie where he can buy good quality nitro
top-coat in quantities less than a gallon *NOW*, so that he can be
back in time with the cocktail to accomplish both the tuning and the
reinforcing before soundcheck).

His initial post didn't mention the tour's support by Yamaha Intl,
the fact that there may be roadies or the local dealer network to run
such mad-dash errands, or what sort of pianos he would encounter.

Actually, he did mention in a private post to me about the pianos. I
don't think he's going to need reinforcer. But he was just exploring
his options in advance.

At 12:52 AM -0700 8/29/02, David Andersen wrote:
>That said, the staute of limitations has definitely run out on the secret
>herb run.  Lucky you....<g>

Not the buds and leaves, but the scrapings from the underside
thereof. I was returning from a sophomore year abroad in France with
the crowd of college students and the old battle-axe French teacher
who was responsible for us that entire year. Perfect cover. I didn't
get to hide my french girlfriend in my suitcase though, had to leave
her behind. Ah, Youth.....

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Garth, Take me!"
"Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket"
     ...........Kim Bassinger and Dana Carvey in "Wayne's World 2"