temperament comparisons

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:40:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/02 1:28:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
rontuner@hotmail.com (Ron Koval) writes:

> So you tell me, what's your translation for a digitally optimized tuning?
>
> Most origional response gets a digitally signed optimized copy of a
> graphical representation of an altered historical tuning. (whew!)

It depends on the customer.  In some cases, it is, "da tooning, der" (in
local dialect with no explanation offered nor wanted from the customer).  In
others, it is, "Custom Tuning" (explained as tuning the piano to itself by
careful listening and optimum compromise).  In still others, it is, "Musical
Tuning" (same explanation as before).

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin