Hygrometer

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:58:51 -0400

I do not think that one should be surprised to hear of this, but at the same time.......WOW!

And I had been wondering how it could be that a brand new Steinway could have a full 1/4" of reverse-crown in a board! Well, I guess that answers that question (although I suspect it also required a few other choice "personality" infusions).

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delwin D Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: Hygrometer

During the mid 70s I spent a week or so wandering through the Steinway factory. It was summer and was typically hot and humid. I asked the man taking me through the bellying department what the factory climate control system was like--assuming it was simply broken as I mopped the sweat from my brow. He gave me a blank stare, then said, "well, in the summer we open the windows and in the winter we close them."

Del