Hygrometer

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:52:08 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Newell" <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 31, 2002 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: Hygrometer

> Del,
>          Thanks for the informative post about how the meters work. Since
> you don't use your Lignomat to directly check the wood, what meter are you
> using to check the air in the room? How big is this room? How is it built?
> I got a post recently from Roger Wheelock about his product and how they
> test them and they have found that their controlled room is more
controlled
> after the addition of a heavy plastic lining the walls. Do you do this in
> this room of yours?
>
> Greg

Our room is about 8' w x 12' d x 8' h. It is made of 2 x 4 framing and T-111
plywood and is reasonably well insulated. There are shelves all around for
ribs and things and our soundboard spruce goes in on carts. There is no
plastic lining the walls. It has insulated double doors on one end and is
large enough to put a concert grand in if need be.

As described elsewhere we use a motorized wet/dry bulb hygrometer.

Del