Sitting Under the piano/Isaac's question re. ears

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:45:17 -0800

Your question: "Do(es) someone know how the ear physically can close to the
lower level?"
A simplistic explanation is that the brain perceives an "over-load" and
translates that to the muscles around the ear canal. My olde teacher calls
that "Ear Fatigue". It is, indeed, a real physical phenomenon. Also, if the
"over-load" is too great, the brain will create Tinitus, (ringing in the
ear(s)). The actual medical explanations are much more complicated that my
explanation. A person to inquire to would be Diane Hoffstetter. She will be
giving a two part class, at the Pacific North West Regional, this coming
March, (27, 28, 29), in Portland, Oregon.
Just had to get in a commercial. <G>
Hope you all have a joyous and busy Holiday Season!

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)