FW: [Experts] Tuning a Yamaha U3 upright piano

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 09:53:01 -0800

I got this from the Experts list.  Anyone care to comment?
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: experts-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:experts-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of SteveBrown007@cs.com
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 10:59 PM
To: experts@ptg.org
Subject: [Experts] Tuning a Yamaha U3 upright piano

I have a Yamaha U3, 52-inch upright piano which I tune myself, although
I am not a professional piano tuner. I use a computer with TuneLab
software to set the pitches, using various partials. So far, I have been
unable to arrive at a stretch that sounds correct to my ears. Has anyone
with experience tuning the Yamaha U3 a list of stretch values for that
piano? If so, I would be pleased to obtain such a list. Any help will be
appreciated.

Steve Brown
Millville, NJ