Sitting under the piano (more)

Nathan Bower nathan@bowern8.plus.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 18:25:03 -0000

> >At 8:54 PM +0000 11/29/02, Nathan Bower wrote:
> >>... I would love to sit under someone like E Kissin's piano at a
> >>Rachmaninoff concert!...
>
> Adding a bit more to this activity. It is far more comfortable to lie
> underneath a grand piano with a pillow. This is something I used to
> do all the time as a child growing up in a home with two university
> level pianists for parents.

How lucky you are! You cannot pay for an expirience like that! I have to
tease my mum into playing for me and everyone thinks im a bit "off in the
head" for liking it under there :( Its totally worth it though. Its
imposible to concerntrate on anything but the music, and I often find myself
drifting off on strange threads of thought.

As a side note our rabbit usually comes in and sits under the piano when I
play - usually just behind and to the left of the pedals. I think she has
better ears than me and she dosent seem to mind even when it gets to the
sfff sections of Rachmaninoffs prelude in C# minor.

You could be right about me having damaged ears though. Nightclubs will do
that for you.

Nathan

(currently pondering miking his piano to his subwoofer to compensate for a
lacklustre bass register)