piano at outside wall

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Sun, 01 Dec 2002 23:35:41 -0800

Tom, what I tell people is this: if they can lay their hands on the wall at
different times of day, and it feels the same, they don't really have much
to worry about, assuming, of course, that it isn't near a leaky window.
It's also much better, of course, if the sun doesn't beat on outside of the
wall.

If they are worried, they could drape a piece of quilted fabric down the
back of the piano. With a piece of plastic film, I might worry about
condensation. If I cover over the back of a piano, I sometimes put wads of
steel wool at the bottom between the back posts, so that mice don't find a
happy sheltered home back there.

I find that direct sun through a window is much more dangerous than an
outside wall in a fairly new house.

Susan Kline