Laminated soundboard panels

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:58:48 -0600

>Yes. The original Baldwin 148 design had the faces at a 30º angle to the
>core.
>
>For most of the reasons you mention.
>
>Del.

I note the word "original", and don't recall seeing laminations in these
boards. Though I miss plenty of other obvious things on a regular basis.
How did they manage to delete a good idea like that from the design and
keep that compression crowned bridge? Or was it that the laminated panel
didn't further compression crown those 72' radius ribs like a solid panel
does? I presume they nixed any deviation from "standard" crown radii too.

Ron N