Bechstein model E (260cm) from 1960 something

Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:32:55 +0100

Hi!

Anyone got the original mensuration for this grand piano? We got one to our
workshop and after restringing it with the previous diameters the treble
(especially around the first break in the treble) it sounds really bad. The
sound is very thin and very woody. We tried putting the current data into a
mensurationprogram and it looked somewhat wierd.

If anyone have the original mensuration and the time to write the 2-2½
highest octaves down, I would be really glad.

The thing is that this piano was rebuilt in 1980 I think, and now we are
unsure if its the original stringdiameters we've put in it.

Best regards,
Daniel Lindholm / Sweden