A440???

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:59:01 +0100

I beg to differ, as I take this up all the time here in Norway. Fact is
that both France, Germany, England, all of Scandinavia  and most of the
rest of Europe (including Holland which is kind of a seperate universe)
and even Russia officially recognize 440 as standard pitch.

Now what is done in practice is another thing. Another one of those...
"fact is"  things is that its hard to find musicians of note (or
otherwise) has the foggiest idea over here that such an official standard
really exists. Curiously enough, it would seem that Jazz players are more
aware of this then anyone else, why I have no idea... but just so.

442 is the defacto standard here, but 440 is the official figure...
despite whatever is adopted by whatever orchestra here or there...

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.