75% r.h.

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:03:34 -0600

Hi Terry,

So a belly bar but no tail bar? I tend to avoid placing controller on the
straight side.

I would start over with a 50 watt belly and a 38 watt tail with a bottom
cover. I would place the controller as close to the soundboard as possible
12 inches from the belly bar as far from the rim as possible.

If I found that was not enough (I think with the bottom cover it will be) I
would add a 25 to the belly and a 15 at the tail.

At 04:46 PM 12/4/02 -0500, you wrote:
>It's been a couple years, and I honestly don't remember exactly how I had
it set up. I likely had three rods, one 4' along the rear of the keybed,
and two along the framing under the soundboard. The humidistat is located
along the straight side, about six inches aft of the keybed.

>Since I added the additional rods, during high humidity times, the system
is energized about 50% to 75% of the time (estimate). So, it seems to me it
is sized just about right.

>Terry Farrell

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.