self-tuning piano?

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:29:14 -0600

The self-tuning piano is a long way from production.

I believe the inventor, Don Gilmore, is now an Associate member of PTG.

Although there remain many questions to ask about the technology, the
questions that I have heard being asked of the inventor were answered
quite competently indeed.

The fact that the inventor is now a PTG member means that the
development of the self-tuning piano is being plugged into the general
mainstream of piano technology, which can only be a good thing. Don
appears to be open to suggestions from the techs.

If these pianos go into production, they will have at least a thousand
dollars worth of extra stuff on them to do the self-tuning, stuff that
someone will have to fix someday -- a piano tech perhaps?

Kent Swafford