Dampp-Chaser SHB crud

John M. Formsma jformsma@fortunehitech.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:50:31 -0600

List,

If this has been discussed recently, I apologize. I've been off list for a
while--just resubscribed two days ago.

I've noticed a similar problem on all my DC systems with the smart heater
bar. When I replace the pads (at a six month interval), there is a lot of
crud buildup--on the pads, but especially on the sensor wires. Some even
require extensive cleaning after only six months. However, on the systems
that do not have a SHB, there is only a very small amount. and the pads look
fairly good. The owners have been using the pad treatment solution, so I
know the absence of that is not the factor. It seems to be caused by the
wire sensors.

I've only been installing the SHB systems for the last year plus, so it's
taken a while to notice this trend. Have you experienced this on your DC
systems? I'm tempted to go back to installing the regular, non-SHB systems
just to eliminate the extra, unnecessary cleaning. The pad lights never come
on anyway, and since I service these pianos twice a year, the pads will be
changed often enough.

Whatcha think?

John Formsma

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...