My apologies. OT-was bridge pins

Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:16:36 -0800

The implication that it is the US and its allies that are responsible for
all or most repression and denial of human rights in the world is misguided
and misinformed.  Some of the most repressive governments historically and
recently have nothing to do with US policy making or hegemony.  The US
certainly has played a role in the support of some repressive regimes, but
the problem is infinitely more complicated and multifaceted than can be
solved by adopting an attitude of just treat everyone with respect and
dignity all will be well or turn the other cheek.  Simple minds (and I don't
mean yours Gordon) seek simple solutions.  May I offer this:

Black or White

Wouldn't it be nice
If the world was black or white
If this was always wrong