Tuning Patterns

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:27:48 -0800

Stephen,

Since you are using temp strips, try using more temp strips and
inserting them ala bass in every other unison.  When tuning the
unisons you can pull out one strip which leaves every other side of
the unison available for tuning with your center string.  You will
have to experiment with this and the first tenor unison and unisons
at the struts will require mutes.  I learned this from a Ron Berry
class years ago.  It may seem strange at first but it will speed up
your tuning and eliminate using mutes as much.

David I.