OT vs. NPR

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:22:21 -0500

At 5:08 PM -0800 12/9/02, pianolover 88 wrote:
>As for changing the already concice and easily recognized "OT" , to
>"NPR" my vote is, what's the point?? Unless someone is trying to
>subliminally promote N(ational) P(ublic) R(adio), the most ultra
>Liberal slanted media outlet on the planet, let's please keep OFF
>TOPIC stuff designated OT as it has been, NOT "NPR". My 6 cents.

Your 6¢ and I'll rise ya two. How about we put that "OT" up front and
to the left of these subject lines. It won't make a difference to a
filter's operations, but it'll be alot easier for a human being to
spot, not being embedded in the middle of a bunch "Re:"s and "Was"s.

You know Terry, NPR has lots of wonderful programming. Why my own
local station has a Pat Buchanan live call-in show for two hours
every afternoon. There's Phyllis Schlaffley's movie revues for that
vast silent majority seeking entertainment with character building
and family values. There's even a Friday evening panel discussion by
the local militia cadre. Sorry you're from California and have such a
narrow view of NPR. (Quit honking, I'm reloading.)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A jester unemployed is nobody's fool."
     ...........Danny Kaye, in "The Court Jester"