BaldwinSF-10

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:38:05 EST

In a message dated 12/09/2002 7:02:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> Isaac hammers would also sound good on this piano.

Yes they would. I think very elastic hammers help Baldwins of all size and
age even more than they help other makes.

I also second Dale's comment about the checking the leverage carefully. I
suggested Ronsen hammers for an SD-10 recently for that reason, but the
client insisted on Renner Blues. We tapered and coved all we could and still
had to file them rather severely to get the strike weight down to a
reasonable balance without raising the leading into the "inertia zone."

Bob Davis
..